REBOA Trauma Overview
REBOA or (resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta) stops massive bleeding and confines the blood volume to the heart, brain and kidneys. It can be a life-saving intervention for severely bleeding patients. Unfortunately, REBOA is limited right now to hospital use by a physician and requires catheterization and ultrasound equipment, but the AAJT-S can produce a ‘REBOA Effect’ in under a minute. In August 2017 independent investigators from the U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research and the Air Force’s 59th Medical Wing presented research showing that the AAJT-S is equivalent to Zone 3 REBOA. (Journal of Surgical Research, Volume 226, June 2018). The AAJT-S provides the life saving. Benefits of REBOA at the point of injury without the patient risk or the high cost of the equipment required to perform the procedure.
Five Steps To Success
- 1 Secure device around torso. Connect ladder strap until RED MEETS RED.
- 2 Position bladder over the umbilicus.
- 3 Tighten belt and remove all slack.
- 4Use ratcheting buckle to complete tightening.
- 5Inflate bladder until GREEN indicator shows.
Contraindications: Known abdominal aortic aneurysm and pregnancy
What Makes Our Product Different
Save human life
The AAJT-S is the ONLY junctional tourniquet to have saved human life in upper and lower junctional hemorrhage.
Light and Compact
For medical kits and field packs
Researched and Proven
Over 50 peer reviewed publications support the use of the AAJT-S
Benefits Of The AAJT-S
- Axilla and inguinal indicators
- ONLY device approved for aortic compression
- Immobilizes and stops bleeding in pelvic fractures
- Proven equivalent to Zone 3 REBOA.
- Easy to apply